Friday, April 2, 2010

Glider Slipcovers

Another project completed! Last night I finished up the arm rests I was making for the glider we got off of Craigslist. So here I present you the completed product. I made the covers for all the cushions, and they are completely removable being closed with Velcro. The chair didn't come with arm rests but I decided to make some after trying to knit sitting in it and the wood getting very uncomfortable after a short time. Glider_SlipCovers_04-2010 002Glider_SlipCovers_04-2010 001 

The best part, the entire project was done with stuff in my "stash" so it didn't cost us a penny beyond buying the glider itself.

I love knowing a project is completely done. It's such a great feeling.


  1. Oh I'm jealous! We have the ugliest glider cushions in the history of glider cushions and I've always wanted to recover them. You did an awesome job.

  2. Thanks! The original cushions were liveable, just a beige color, but when I put them in the washer (they were pretty dirty) the fabric just shredded in places. This was also my first ever try at doing slipcovers on my own, sans pattern or anything. So I'm very proud of myself.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...