Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Baby Shower Conundrum

I would love to have a baby shower for this little one, be it just a BBQ, a diaper party, or a sprinkle but really I don't want to throw it myself like I had to with Lil 'R.

My bff had offered early on in my pregnancy to throw it but as my due date approached I heard nothing from her. Needing to do something because we were in desperate need of help we just hosted a simple BBQ.

I really don't want to do that again and would almost rather not have one but Hubby desperately wants to have something. I understand why, he thinks she deserves to be celebrated too even if we don't need very much. But I have such mixed feelings about it. It's embarrassing to me that I had to throw my own shower the first time. Here I don't want to be again the pathetic mom who doesn't have anyone willing to host a shower for her.

So okay, besides the pity party route there let's say we have the Baby BBQ at home again like Hubby wants. That means I have to plan everything again, do all the invitations, decorations and any cooking that needs to be done ahead of time. That also means we have to shoulder the entire expense too. Anyone else hear too where this just overall sucks for me?

I don't know what to do. I know Hubby won't let the idea go and us not have one. But I also don't think he gets why I'm anxious about it either. If we do it ourselves again I'll need to start working on it ASAP. Though would it be wrong to just plain out ask friends to volunteer to help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...