Monday, March 15, 2010

Clock Changes = Schedule Change

With the clock changes we've decided to use it as a way to make a big schedule shift in our household. It's a shift I've sorta wanted for awhile now  but I'm still a bit sad. We didn't try to get Lil' R to go to bed earlier but instead let him stay on his own internal schedule, so now he will be going to bed around 8:30pm and waking up later in the day. Today he slept until 9:30am. In the past he woke up with me or just after me at 7:30ish and I spent the morning getting him breakfast, etc. Sometimes this created a lot of chaos for me but seeing that sleepy face first thing in the morning, who loves to play peek-a-boo with his sheets was wonderful. Now I'll be saying goodbye to his sleeping form and Hubby will be doing all of those things.

The Huge plus though is I'll be having more time in the evening to get dinner on the table. I won't have to walk in the door and rush to immediately starting food. Often still being able to get it on the table before someone gets fussy. It's led to what I see as our quality of food decreasing and my anxiety over cooking increasing 10-fold. Hopefully with my preparation window increasing by approximately an hour I can do more with that time and ease my stress some.

We'll see how tonight goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...