Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Plushie! A Ferret

He began life as a line drawing. I've been wanting to make plushies for ages now but I've  been scared to start until I found this blog, While She Naps. In it the author is doing a series on the basics of plushie making. It was as if a light bulb went off in my head and all of a sudden I started "getting it". Below if my first try, a ferret who was requested by my husband. He has yet to name the guy.

FerretPlushie_012011 001

Sew together but not stuffed.

FerretPlushie_012011 002

Showing where I turned him right side out.

FerretPlushie_012011 008 

All stuffed with eyes and nose sewn on.

FerretPlushie_012011 005

I over stuffed the neck a little but I think he's still cute. After posting pictures on Facebook I may have 2 orders in the works. Seems like my business is finally starting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...