Monday, March 21, 2011

Cloth Diapering

So the route of making cloth diapers is coming along. I posted a bit back all the resources I was using to design my own. Well with so input from Hobby who really changes most of the diapers I think I've come up with my final design. It includes gussets on the legs to help contain blow outs.

There are a few things I've learned.

1. Don't use too much fabric in the actual pocket diaper or the elastic won't bring it in much, they can't be top stitched nicely, and they take forever to dry.

2. People use cloth wipes not for the reason to be green but because it's easy to just plop them after use in the dirty diaper and throw it all in the laundry bag. With normal wipes trying to figure out where to put the dirty one now in the middle of changing is ridiculous.

3. The baby will need bigger pants because wow does it give the baby a booty.

I am planning to do a full tutorial on my diaper once I've finalized and test drove it for a bit. Keep checking back and if you cloth diaper what things have you learned?





Apologies for the eh pictures. They are from my phone and it did something weird to them. I think it makes the point though of showing the leg gusset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...