Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Homemade Accomplishments

I've been working on my homemade pizza recipe for a couple of months now. Last Saturday night, I made a pizza I was particularly fond of. So much so that I had to share it.  Pizza 004

Voila!

I think it was gorgeous looking, crust completely from scratch too. I found out that using my bread machine to make the dough really improves the outcome. I don't have anything fancy, just an old Breadman I got from a thrift store for $5. I can't even find the original instructions manual online, though I've found ones for similar newer models. From those I sort winged it on how the settings work and seems I've gotten it right.

I'm still working on getting the dough just right, I tend to make it too thin and if I bake two pizzas at once the top one doesn't get a nice crisp crust on the bottom. It doesn't brown right. Maybe I need to try a pizza stone. Umm... until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...