Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pregnancy Fears - Gender

Today I'm now 18 weeks along with this baby. In 2 weeks I have my ultrasound to find out the gender and I'm getting more and more nervous.

Everyone is rooting for a girl, very very strongly. I've always said I hoped this one was a girl but I've started to prepare myself for all the positives if it is a boy.

  • Lil "R will have a baby brother
  • We won't have to buy many things
  • I'll be able to come home to "my guys" every day
  • I already know how boys work a bit, no changing gears

No matter what I know I'll love the baby. I was hoping Lil 'R was a girl too though I didn't realize it until I was told he was a boy. I barely remember that desire. Right now I worry more over the disappointment of everyone else who is rooting for a girl. Not a single person who has said their guess to the gender has said boy. Not one. I worry that I feel that if it's a boy I'll be letting everyone down. Hubby so wants a girl too. I mean he wants one badly. I know that I don't even play a part in determining the gender but somehow I still feel it is my responsibility.

Maybe I'm just now looking for ways to stress myself out. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...