Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Yumm... Apple Pie

This week I didn't get to finish completing any project but I did work on Wee Rose's baby blanket some more. I'm glad I decided to make a more toddler sized blanket because of how long this is taking me. I swear I'm closer to done then is in that picture.

Instead I made my first good apple pie. I love apple pie and I've always been good at the seasoning but not so much at the top pie crust. Well I got it figured out this time. I also took pictures because I was so proud. I used this recipe for the pie crust and this one for the apple filling.

Apple_Pie_07-04-2011 (6)   Before the top crust goes on.

Apple_Pie_07-04-2011 (1)  My second attempt to get the top crust right. For the holiday I used a star cookie cutter instead of just slits.

Apple_Pie_07-04-2011 (3)  And voila! My final pie out of the oven. It looks pretty darn cute if I don't say so myself.

I think next may be a berry cobbler. I've tried it in the past to minimal success, now to find a good recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...