Thursday, December 9, 2010

So Sad When Things Change

I decided to switch Wee Rose over to formula today and stop nursing. I made it almost 5 months but we want to start sleep training her in anticipation of our trip up North in a few weeks. In doing so she needs to start eating larger bottles then she currently is during the day. Right now she eats ever 4 hours like clock work, 4 oz. The hope is to shift that to 4 times during the day @ 6oz every 4 hours and then sleeping through the night. Yes yes there are ways I could do this and keep nursing. I'd have to switch to exclusively pumping though and I don't want to do that. I don't think going to formula is that big of a deal though nor do I feel it's very detrimental to her future health. Honestly my main reasons to do it were finances and bonding, that's it. Well we got a nice break on the finances for awhile and we're fully bonded, using a bottle now won't change that.

It still makes me sad though because I didn't make it to the goal I set of 6 months. It probably doesn't help that I've been especially feeling down recently and back to crying again regularly. I know it isn't Post-partum nor is it due to hormones gone wild it's just me generally feeling like there is always something wrong with any action I do or sometimes don't do. Someday I'll hopefully learn to just be happy with the fact that I have a good job, a husband that is happy and 2 beautiful healthy children who couldn't have a care in the world. That's all that is important right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...