Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Holiday Crafting Time Is Here

One holiday down a few successful crafts done, some cute spiders and ghosts I might say. Now the biggie looms ahead. Yes I am referring to Christmas. I need to quickly get my act together and my fingers a working. Before I even think of New things to make I need to finish those I didn't last year.

  • I started 'Lil R's stocking, it is a stocking but it is still lacking his name on it. That is a high priority.
  • In the after xmas sales we bought a lot of women ornament picture frames to paint and put in pictures of 'Lil R for the family.
  • Also bought in those same sales are a few cross-stitch decorations to finish.

Other items to be made that only exist as ideas are:

  • Paper fireplace to put on the wall to 'hang' the stockings above for the kids.
  • Amigurumi decorations, a snowman, reindeer, Santa
  • Loads of others I haven't thought of yet.

Anything anyone else is planning to make specifically for the holidays? I'm always looking for more ideas.

Technorati Tags: ,

4 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment.

    I too have a blog that I use out of Southern California here in San Diego.
    Mostly it is a collection of artistic expression, and I have many friends with the same interests, maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon, and or read about you….LOL

    Sincerely,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the world is Amigurumi? Never heard of it before. I am trying to decide what crafts (if any) I am tackling this year. It has been such a tiring and emotionally difficult year for me that I may just not try to do too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up on crafts this year. I usually make quite a few gifts, but I didn't even bother this year. I'm barely keeping my head above water with this toddler and baby business. Hopefully next year I can get back in the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tracy -Amigurumi is a style of crochet that was started by the Japanesse. It means cute little thing or something similar. It's a fairly simple style and is used to make critters, dolls, etc.

    Update: At this point all I've gotten done is the tree skirt and the baby's stocking. I'm so behind.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...